Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
Final Assessment: Leadership Performance Appraisal
For your final assessment, you will create a leadership performance appraisal—a form that measures leadership performance—and conduct a self-assessment of your own leadership using the appraisal metrics you design.
Prework – Leadership Assessments: To ensure your leadership performance appraisal measures evidence-based leadership factors, first review the seven sustainable leadership principles determined by Hargreaves & Fink’s (2004) research, referenced in Amanchukwu et al.’s article, “A Review of Leadership Theories, Principles and Styles and Their Relevance to Educational Management,” which you read in Week 1.
Then, take the following online leadership assessments. Your results may be incorporated in the self-assessment portion of your Leadership Performance Appraisal.
• Galford, R. M., & Maruca, R. F. (2011). The Leadership Legacy assessment test: Identifying your instinctive leadership style Links to an external site.. Your Leadership Legacy. http://www.yourleadershiplegacy.com/assessment.html
• Murphy, M. (2017, March 30). Quiz: What’s your leadership style? Links to an external site. Leadership IQ. https://www.leadershipiq.com/blogs/leadershipiq/36533569-quiz-whats-your-leadership-style
• Murphy, M. (2017, November 27). Communication styles quiz Links to an external site.. Leadership IQ. https://www.leadershipiq.com/blogs/leadershipiq/39841409-quiz-whats-your-communication-style
• Greater Good Science Center. (2018). Test your emotional intelligence Links to an external site.. Greater Good Magazine. https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/ei_quiz
• McKee, A. (2015, June 5). Quiz yourself: Do you lead with emotional intelligence? Links to an external site. Harvard Business Review. https://hbr.org/2015/06/quiz-yourself-do-you-lead-with-emotional-intelligence
Leadership Performance Appraisal: After completing the prework above, design a leadership performance appraisal form. You may base this on a performance appraisal form that you have at your organization or use one from the internet as a reference. You may also review this example leadership performance appraisal form Links to an external site.. You will then use the form you designed to complete a leadership self-appraisal.
• Your appraisal form must include 3-4 areas of competency, each with 3-4 corresponding skills (behaviors). These competencies and skills must be both measurable and evidence-based. Reference your prework, along with the learning materials from Weeks 1-7, as needed.
• The ratings for each competency and skill should be: Poor, Satisfactory, and Exceeds Standards. You may include numerical ratings that correspond (e.g., 1-2=poor).
• Each of the 3-4 competencies must include a written section in which you describe how your personal evaluation relates to the theory covered in the course, with appropriate references and citations. In other words, how do you meet the theoretical leadership concepts studied in this course? As a general guideline, each of these written sections should be one substantial paragraph in length.
• The form should conclude with an open-ended section entitled “Personal Growth Plan.” In this section, identify 2-3 areas of competency in which you would like to improve, based on the evaluation you completed. Please name specific, measurable skills and the steps you plan to take in order to improve (e.g., attend a specific training course, read a specific book, seek mentoring from a specific person). Include relevant references and citations. Your Personal Growth Plan should be 1-1.5 pages in length.
• Length: The length of your appraisal will vary depending on the design of appraisal form. However, the Personal Growth Plan section should be approximately 1-1.5 pages in length.
• Adapted APA: